FEA Earth Day Net Zero Carbon Event to benefit Trees for Cities
Join our Earth Day Event by donating £10 to our FEA Forest initiative
As part of Earth Day 2021, Thursday April 22nd, FEA have partnered with EarthDay.org to host a Net Zero Carbon climate action seminar. The FEA, along with a billion registered participants around the world, will be highlighting the need for positive environmental change to restore our earth.
On the day we will be covering our Five Point Plan and how we are encouraging the use of energy saving equipment by incentivising operators, manufacturers, resellers, and consultants.
There will be an update on our Food Waste FOG hierarchy and how the implementation of the Hierarchy will benefit the wider environment.
In addition to that we have two guest speakers on the day in the form of Mark Chapman from the Zero Carbon Forum, and Kate Gould from KEG Consultants.
You'll also be able to hear the latest news on our collaboration with environmental charity Trees for Cities and the progress we are making with the FEA Forest 2021.
Taking part is a two-step process
We kindly ask that individuals wishing to join our Net Zero Carbon climate action seminar make a donation of £10 to the FEA Forest initiative, this will plant one tree and will contribute towards this year's Tree Target of 2250 trees. If you are feeling particularly generous you can donate any number of trees.
Step one, make your donation on our Just Giving page.
Step two, once you have made your donation, please register to attend the climate action seminar day here.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information on how to join the webinar.
We look forward to seeing you there.
The agenda for the day will be as follows
- 09:30am - Opening remarks
- Five Point plan - an update on our exciting plan as to how we aim to encourage the use of energy saving equipment
- Food Waste FOG hierarchy - an overview as to how implementing the hierarchy will benefit the environment. This section will also feature updates on EU work, UK developments and BREEAM
- Guest speaker: Mark Chapman of the Zero Carbon Forum
- Guest speaker: Kate Gould of KEG Consultants
- Planting for the Future, an FEA Forest 2021 progress report
- Member Q&A
- 11am - close
You might be interested in:
- FEA Industry Insight
- FEA Brexit Hub
- Finding an FEA Accredited Service Provider
- Joining the Foodservice Equipment Association