Become a Certified Food Service Professional with the FEA
CFSP is the UK's leading foodservice industry learning and development programme
Over 650 foodservice industry professionals in the UK are now CFSP accredited and with the course also delivered internationally in UAE, United States and Sweden, CFSP is the leading learning and development programme for foodservice and hospitality professionals. Through the delivery of CFSP, FEA’s objective is to improve the levels of professionalism in the sector by creating a universally recognised and respected industry standard for knowledge and experience.
Delegates benefit from a learning programme that covers:
- Distribution channels
- Food service facility design
- Utilities design considerations
- Approval agencies and processes
- Food safety
- Ventilation, third-party approvals
- Food preparation
- Receiving and storage
- Equipment functions and selection
- The service area and its primary functions
- Front of house
- Speciality markets
- The dishwashing area
- Cook-chill systems
- New technology
A full breakdown of the content covered can be found here. Successful delegates also receive updates and information to recognise their status as a CFSP accredited professional. You can find out more at our dedicated CFSP website.
Recommended study time
We would recommend a minimum of six weeks to study the course content. To successfully achieve the designation and the benefits that accrue, delegates:
- study for and pass a comprehensive test
- attend a full day seminar prior to the test
- show personal development through the completion of recognised education/training programmes
- demonstrate active involvement in the industry designation
Additional study resources: FEA Glossary
The FEA Glossary lists over 600 industry terms and provides a quick reference guide for definitions.
FEA members benefit from a cost saving of £350.
- £600 (+VAT) for FEA members and FCSI members
- £950 (+VAT) for non-members
The cost covers the test programme, evaluation of experience, and certification.
Watch the video of CFSP's ten year celebration
Not what you're looking for?
Have you considered Principles of Foodservice? PFS is a short-course with content tailored for new starters to the foodservice catering equipment industry.
Principles of Foodservice follows a framework that promotes integration with the applicable business or sector whether manufacturer, distributor, service company, consultancy or operator.
Find out more about Principles of Foodservice.