FEA | Putting Members First
Having the support of the FEA protects your businesses' interests and ensures that your voice is heard. Remember, anytime you need business support we are here for you.
FEA continues to be ambitious with our membership support structure. During the past 12 months we have enhanced and strengthened our existing initiatives and introduced new ones that align to our key strands of Information, Involvement and Influence.
2023 has been a story of progress, growth, and renewal. We are delighted to have welcomed a raft of new members, further strengthening our position as a unified voice for the foodservice equipment sector.
FEA welcomed our new Chief Executive, John Cunningham, reinforcing FEA’s succession plan and continue to lead the sector as the voice of the equipment industry.
FEA members are now also able to call upon the experience and knowledge of our full time Technical and Policy Director, Andy Threlfall, who joined FEA in June 2022. Andy's work provides an enhanced service for members delivering support and advice when it is needed most. Having a full-time Technical Policy Director provides FEA members with a powerful resource for support in regulatory issues and disputes. A unique source of valuable support that would otherwise be unavailable to many foodservice equipment businesses.
The advent of separate policy developments in the UK and Europe because of Brexit has led to a busy and confusing time for many businesses as the UK seeks to manage regulatory alignment. Additionally, the implementation of the Government’s Net Zero Carbon agenda has means that many FEA members will also need further resource and representation to ensure a proportionate approach by policy and standards makers.
Andy's work as Technical and Policy Director provides an enhanced service for members providing support and advice when required.
Join the UK's largest independent foodservice equipment trade association
- European Federation of Catering Equipment Manufacturers (EFCEM) membership: FEA are active members of EFCEM, representing the United Kingdom at a European level, ensuring that UK Catering Equipment Manufacturers have an influential voice in policy and legislative decisions.
- EURIS engagement: The EURIS Taskforce is an advisory body for the potential impacts of the changing relationship between the UK and EU for the UK Government, manufacturers and the media.
- Increased social media touchpoints (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Beacons).
- Strategic alliances with leading organisations, including UKH, MakeUK, CBI.
- Collaboration with industry trade associations and bodies e.g. ceda, FCSI, WRAS.
Market Strategy Support
- FEA Industry Insight and market watch management reports: Our powerful market modelling platform provides up-to-date insight on the installed equipment market and has been designed to enhance sales strategy and market targeting.
- Standalone market segments, Cooking and Warming, Refrigeration, Ventilation, or Warewashing can be purchased for £920 per annual subscription plus a required £160 admin access fee.
- FEASTATS: FEASTATS measures market trends by analysing forward order statistics giving subscribers foresight to anticipate market trends. An annual subscription costs £825 +VAT.
- Brexit Hub - a centralised resource for the latest Brexit information
- FEA Outlook: a quarterly survey that is circulated to FEA members. The survey seeks to understand how FEA members sit within the current economic climate and forecasts market performance for the next six, twelve, and eighteen months. The results provide a level of understanding that enhances our market strategy and allows us to pre-empt the areas in which members may need further support. FEA Outlook also receives considerable trade press coverage.
- HRC Connects: in conjunction with the HRC Exhibition held at London's ExCel centre, the online hub provides a platform that further extends the FEA's reach to end-user Operators.
- Recommissioning Guide and Hub with Service Surgeries Videos for engineer training
- Sector and category specific webinars: whilst we are all somewhat Zoomed-out, it has been imperative for the FEA to maintain regular communication to members and the wider industry to provide much needed support and advice.
- Accredited Service Provider Programme: FEA member companies that provide Service and Maintenance for commercial kitchen equipment can apply to become an FEA Accredited Service Provider. Displaying an FEA Accredited Service Provider badge means that you, as a company, have met a particular set of criteria and therefor the customer can rest assured that they will receive a level of service they can trust. You can view all FEA Accredited Service Providers here, successful Accredited Service Provider applications are subject to meeting FEA criteria. £350 +VAT.
- Climate Action for Associations (CAFA): CAFA provides tailored guidance and information to help associations across the globe implement climate action to help them on their way to achieving net zero. The FEA are proud to be part of the CAFA Collective.
- FFOG Waste Hierarchy, realignment programme.
- Net Zero Carbon Five Point Plan
- Net Zero Carbon Group: It is vital that the momentum of pre-existing EU directives, UK legislation and other carbon- based incentive schemes is not only maintained but developed. This pre-existing legislation includes eco-design and energy labelling measures for refrigeration only. There is a significant gap in covering the remaining 72% of energy use in a commercial kitchen. We need Government to put the regulation and policy in place to cover all equipment used in commercial kitchens.
- Updated Code of Practice: The code covers the range of support concerning the manufacture supply, installation and after sales service that buyers can expect from FEA members.
- FEA Conference: This year the FEA Conference will be taking place on the 9th and 10th November at Chesford Grange hotel. FEA members benefit from discounted delegate rates. We also have a selection of exciting sponsorship opportunities for anyone wishing to push their brand to industry decision makers. Secure your place today.
- Light Equipment and Tableware Forum: This is a day and a half, meet the buyer event, which gives suppliers a chance to showcase their newest innovations through group demonstrations and training sessions. It also provides a opportunity to meet your current distributors contacts and find new connections in person all in one place. Make sure you follow our Socials to stay up-to-date with the latest LET announcements.
Learning and Development
- CFSP (Certified Food Service Professional): Is an industry specific professional qualification for the UK foodservice industry. £660 +VAT. https://www.cfsp.org.uk/
- PFS (Principles of Foodservice): Is a nine-module induction short-course for foodservice industry new starters that can be delivered in under five hours. PFS provides delegates with a level of knowledge that supports career progression from the very beginning. £145 +VAT.
- Engineer Training Programmes: Following the results of our Foodservice Engineer Saftey Survey and working in conjuction with a FEA members we have outlined a number of forthcoming engineer training days.
Member Profile Enhancement
- Enhance your brand reach and searchability with our booster packages. You can strengthen your FEA member profile by hosting up to six videos and sponsoring an FEA Glossary entry. Individual profile video additions are available for £250, or £600 for three videos and an FEA Glossary entry, saving £150. Individual FEA Glossary entries are available for £150.
- *Please note that the FEA Glossary free trial period has now come to an end and members with existing terms have been removed. Glossary terms are offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Trees for Cities: The FEA and Trees for Cities have collaborated to provide FEA members with the platform to offset the carbon produced from their business activities and help the UK achieve its 2050 net carbon zero target. FEA members can sign-up to the scheme for £300 (+VAT) which in turn plants 30 trees and offsets ten tonnes of CO2 over a 100-year life cycle of a tree.
- Continued support for Springboard and The Clink via donations and support for events and activities.
Join the FEA
Not an FEA member? Fill in our enquiry form to register your interest and we'll be in touch about the benefits and advantages of joining the FEA.