FEA announces inaugural Charitable Endeavour Awards winners
Going the extra mile for others: FEA’s Charitable Endeavour Award winners
New awards celebrate the huge efforts of so many in the foodservice industry
Who goes the extra mile to support charity? When it comes to the foodservice equipment industry, the answer is, lots of people and organisations! The FEA’s inaugural Charitable Endeavour Awards, announced at the association’s annual charity dinner on 15 November, celebrate the individuals, teams and businesses that have gone the extra mile to raise funds for charity. The awards are sponsored by warewashing specialist Meiko.
“It was inspiring to see how many entrants there were,” says Lawrence Hughes CFSP, chair of the FEA revenue and marketing group, “and to read their wonderful stories. The winners were fantastic, of course, but judging was incredibly hard and, if we could have done, we’d have awarded prizes to everyone who was nominated.”
The four Charitable Endeavour Awards were presented during the dinner by Lawrence and Paul Anderson who, as well as being FEA chair, is managing director of Meiko UK.
Marston’s won the Company Category Award; H2O Publishing picked up the Team Category Award; Nick Archer of Archer Catering Systems and James Connolly of Celltherm Coldrooms won the Group Category Award; and Thomas Bentham from Unox won the Individual Category Award.
The award winning endeavours:
- Marston’s entered a team for the Annual Dragon Boat Race and broke the record for the most money raised in the event’s 19 year history! They raised funds for the Wolverhampton Rotary Club and the Marston's Charitable Foundation.
- H2O’s annual industry football match, in memory of their late colleague Morag Wilson, supports Bowel Cancer UK. The event attracts many supporters and this year raised over £3,500.
- Nick Archer and James Connolly organise the commercial catering industry walking group, which brings together lots of different people from the industry to walk together and raise funds for charity, two or three times a year.
- Thomas Bentham and his brother George ‘canoed against cancer’, paddling right across the country from the Irish Sea to the North Sea to raise funds for East Cheshire Hospice and Macmillan cancer support, in memory of their late father. Their efforts raised a total of over £11,000 for their causes.
“These are new and exciting awards and the reaction from the industry has been brilliant,” says Lawrence. “I think they have really caught peoples’ imagination. Our industry is very strong when it comes to supporting charity and helping the vulnerable, and these awards are a wonderful way to celebrate all the hard work and investment, in time and money, that so many give for free.”
Are you looking for a particular foodservice equipment product or service?
FEA members operate across all of the product categories below:
- Dealer / Wholesaler
- Food Waste
- Light Equipment and Food Preparation
- UK Fabrication and Manufacturing
- Ventilation and Fire Suppression
You can search all FEA member products and services using our Meet Our Members filter. Simply filter by 'Product Type'.
You might also be interested in: