Learning and Development
Sales Management and Development Programme
FEA has teamed up with SDS (Sales Development Solutions) to launch the Sales Management and Development Programme, a training scheme designed specifically for foodservice equipment manufacturers and suppliers. The course has been developed over the past year to help answer the challenges posed by the new trading environment. It considers the sales strategies and channels required to maintain business excellence, and is constantly being fine-tuned to meet the latest issues created by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The programme offers a wide range of opportunities, from helping employees take on greater responsibilities and manage different types of sales and reporting structures, to helping key leaders set realistic and measurable goals, give timely and constructive feedback, communicate effectively, facilitate internal and external meetings and manage the performance of their teams.
“The current climate is forcing change and restructuring, both at operator level and in the equipment specification and supply chain,” says Steve Hobbs, chair of FEA. “It’s crucial that foodservice equipment companies maximise the value of their most valuable asset - their people, both in direct and indirect sales roles.”
The course is lead jointly by Phil Martin and Julie Jaina. Martin has been working in the foodservice industry since 1982 and he says, “The programme is focused around individual, one-to-one training and development and, once started, is designed to adapt to the needs and aspirations of both the individual and the company.”
The programme comprises an initial consultation followed by a preparation period, including personal profiling of the individuals taking part. The profiling is carried out by Jaina, a specialist in psychology, mentoring and personal development, and an expert life coach. She will use her skills to fully develop the potential of the individual.
The course itself takes the shape of monthly one-to-one sessions, over six months, when the individual’s strengths are established, along with areas that need development. “Throughout the six months, SDS mentors will be offering support to ensure momentum is maintained,” says Martin. “We anticipate that the personal outcomes from the programme will contribute to individuals’ future appraisals within the company.”
Hobbs says, “The combination of foodservice equipment knowhow and specialist personal development skills makes this an incredibly relevant programme for our industry at this critical time. The backing of FEA, and our wealth of expertise, should ensure that this programme delivers real and measurable benefits. The aim is to create teams that are highly focused, enthusiastic and connected – and who can deliver increased sales.”
To find out more or sign-up please contact a member of the team directly
firstname.lastname@example.org - 07795 341383
Project Management Course
This programme is designed to give pragmatic tools which you will be able to implement quickly and effectively to enrich your project management skills. We consider best practice project management tools and choose which ones might suit different project types. Then we consider how we communicate this effectively so team members and project executors understand what is expected of them and how their actions impact on the result.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Set clear project goals, outcomes and objectives
- Identify barriers to implementation
- Create an implementation team
- Be clear about expectations and outcomes
- Communicate the route map effectively
- Choose from a range of project management tools
- Practice using these models on live projects
- Create a diverse project team
- Communicate the plan effectively
For more information regarding the Project Management course please contact Jocelyn Carr.
Company Ambassador Workshop for Service Teams
What it is: The day builds upon attendees’ experience of customer service and their ability to handle a wide range of client situations with confidence, in turn further developing their organisations’ reputation as excellent service providers.
Our one-day workshop is designed to inspire those in Service Teams, both Service Engineers and support team staff, to highlight the importance of their contribution to the business. The workshop encourages delegates to see themselves as a key player in their company’s continued success.
The day builds upon attendees’ experience of customer service and their ability to handle a wide range of client situations with confidence, in turn further developing their organisations’ reputation as excellent service providers.
The Workshop Covers:
- The pivotal role Service Teams play in successful business growth
- How their role contributes to achieving a competitive edge
- Effectively understanding and responding to client needs
- The power of a well-structured service call
- Developing stronger and more positive client relationships
- Techniques for handling difficult situations
- The importance of their role within the organisation
Led by Marcus Bohn Associates, the workshop builds upon the shared experience of those attending; with the outcome of developing an Action Plan for excellent client service. Practical exercises, relevant discussions and group work form a key part of the day.
“Group activities and communication build confidence and together you can learn how to be better with a customer,” Jestic Ltd employee.
Who should attend: Customer facing personnel of service providers.
For more information regarding the Company Ambassador Workshop please contact Jocelyn Carr.
Field Service Management Course
Quality customer service is a vital way in which to differentiate your company’s business, add value, protect your margins and your customer base.
This practical and stimulating course is designed specifically to help Field Service Managers identify those areas where they can enhance customer service, develop their teams and build customer loyalty.
The programme covers three key areas:
- Establishing aims and objectives for the service function.
- Leading the service team and maximising the potential of the people in the team.
- Providing those in the service function with the skills and support needed to achieve continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
The course covers how to:
- Lead and motivate a team of field support staff.
- Develop field teams to understand and build their reputation as ambassadors for their organisation.
- Prioritise tasks and set challenging objectives for their team.
- Measure performance and activities against standards of excellence.
- Manage business change successfully.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and motivation of their team members through coaching, on-going appraisal and delegation.
Led by Marcus Bohn Associates, the course builds upon the shared experience of those attending. Practical exercises, relevant discussions and group work form a key part of the course.
For more information regarding the Field Service Management Course please contact Jocelyn Carr.
You might be interested in:
- FEA Brexit Hub
- Finding an FEA Accredited Service Provider
- Joining the Foodservice Equipment Association